- Check the wear of your tires.
- Have the performance of your cooling system tested.
- Make sure both your lights and wipers are functioning well, if not consider replacing before the winter season.
- Have your battery and charging system tested.
- For optimal safety, have your brakes checked after a winter full of snow and ice.
- With the presence of potholes, it's especially important to have suspension and wheel alignment.
- Change out your engine air filter.
- Have a performance test of your air conditioning system.
- Make sure all of your tires are properly inflated, under inflated tires are more likely to blowout in excessive heat.
- Be prepared for the possibility of a summer breakdown with water, non-perishable food items, jumper cables, a flash light with extra batteries, road flares and a first aid kit.
- Flush your cars cooling system to avoid unnecessary radiator repairs.
- Have your belts and hoses checked to ensure proper fitting and good condition.
- Check your spare tire for damage and pressure before the winter season.